Spartanburg, SC | Temporary to Hire
Encadria Staffing Solutions has multiple temporary to hire opportunities with Georgia Pacific in Spartanburg, SC. These roles allow employees the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge required to perform the job before being hired on full-time. Georgia-Pacific will typically hire within 30-90 days of starting your assignment dependent upon attendance and performance.
Individuals with previous Corrugator experience are eligible for a direct-hire with Georgia-Pacific.
How will I make a difference in this position?
As a corrugator operator, you will work with multiple team members on a large Corrugator machine. This machine creates corrugated sheets which are then converted in to boxes by other team members. Customers of Georgia-Pacific purchase these boxes to package and ship their goods in. This position is imperative to have orders filled safely, timely and with outstanding quality.
https://www.convergencetraining.com/box-plant-basics-corrugators.html (Want to learn more? Follow the link to watch a short clip explaining the process.)
What will my duties include?
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Properly operate the double-backer or single facer
- Prepare and load rolls of paper onto a double-backer or single-facer
- Hold crew accountable for maintaining equipment to appropriate standards
- Lead crew to maintain and exceed set production goals
- Adhere to quality standards and communicate when defects are found
- Lead and assist teammates with set-ups, troubleshooting and making machine adjustments
- Keep work area clean throughout shift
- Perform quality checks as required
What type environment can I expect to work in?
- This is an indoor Manufacturing facility. The facility is not climate controlled and can be cool in the winter and HOT during the summer time.
- This role will have you working around machinery that produces a lot of heat/steam – It will be warm.
- On the manufacturing floor, you will be required to wear PPE at all times. (Bump Cap, Safety Glasses, Ear protection and Steel Toe Boots) - PPE will be provided to you at no cost.
- Dress attire should be comfortable but professional – Clean Jeans or work pants and a t-shirt.
- This is an active safety and learning environment for all employees. If you do not have the experience or knowledge to perform these duties now we are happy to provide that to you.
- Previous experience in manufacturing, ranch hand, mechanic, electronics or military service.
- Any mechanical troubleshooting experience and knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Willing and able to work in an environment which could require bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, heavy lifting, climbing stairs or ladders and working on elevated platforms/workstations for at least 12 hours a day.
- Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to lift and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Willing and able to complete criminal background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Work Schedule/Pay Rate
Monday – Saturday (Occasional Sundays)
Georgia-Pacific is currently transitioning to three shifts at eight hours each day. All employees must be available to work 12 hours a day in case of call outs or other business related needs. We cannot guarantee anyone a specific shift, it will be based on the needs of our business.
1st Shift: 7AM – 3PM
2nd Shift: 3PM – 11PM
3rd Shift: 11PM – 7AM
Visit us at www.encadria.com to learn more about who we are!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.