Chip Quality Field Technician
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!The Wood and Fiber Supply team is seeking a Fiber Quality Field Technician for our Naheola, AL facility.Reporting to a Fiber Quality Manager, this person will work to build strong business relationships within their operating areas with both internal and external customers, while managing the Pennington Fiber Quality Lab to help drive process improvements and present innovative solutions to recurring issues.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes
- Performing a variety of quality and moisture content analysis ranging from chip product sampling and testing to instrument calibration.
- Required to achieve a high level of performance in the area of environmental compliance, safety performance, drive continuous improvement in fiber quality.
- Responsible for ensuring that we meet/exceed business partner expectations in the areas of quality and sampling.
- Provide assurance that the area complies with all applicable company policies, local, state and federal laws and maintain a businesslike working relationship will wood procurement, accounting, and business partners – internal and external to GP.
What You Will Need Basic Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated area
- Must be able to work safely and continuously promoting safe work practices
What Will Put You Ahead?Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in Process Improvement
- Two (2) years of experience in a wood products or pulp mill manufacturing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.