Fairfax, SC | Temporary to Hire
Encadria Staffing Solutions is seeking a Crane Operator to work at the Georgia Pacific Oriented Strand Board mill in Allendale, SC. As a Crane Operator, you will be operating the Andritz Portal Cranes to unload and place logs into Logyard inventory while keeping the mill supplied with logs from inventory. You will also maintain safe and consistent operation of equipment throughout different areas.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are managing multiple manufacturing tasks and making quick decisions, then this may be the job for you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Working closely with the Arbrofer Operator to supply the logs to maintain consistent operation of Debarking and Stranding
- Communicating with Log Truck Drivers to ensure their safety and reporting issues and concerns immediately; communicating with Scalehouse to ensure proper tracking of inventory
- Communicating with finishing crew to allow for proper sequencing of product changes to minimize downtime and maximize quality of products produced
- Learning to operate the Portal Cranes, Strander area and Loader operations to produce quality products that meet the specifications set forth in the control plan
- Effectively communicating with Dryer Operator and Maintenance staff and all team mates, for other guidance that will enable them to safely and effectively troubleshoot any equipment performance issues
- Operating mobile equipment as needed (skid steer, front end loader, sweeper, Grasshopper blower and portable blowers) to maintain housekeeping standards in all areas
- Must be able to understand computer graphics, process flow and able to recognize upset conditions in order to apply appropriate corrective measures before the problem escalates
- Must be able to understand computer graphics, process flow, and upset conditions
- Must be able to recognize upset conditions and to apply appropriate corrective measures before the problem escalates
What Will You Need? Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least three (3) months of manufacturing, industrial or military experience
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working in lumber or wood products
- Experience in crane operation
- Experience using computerized control systems
- Six (6) months or more of manufacturing, industrial or military experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.