Entry Level Operator
Clatskanie, OR | Temporary to Hire
Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products facility in Wauna, OR produces a variety of tissue, towel and napkin products. Some of the recognized brands include: Brawny, Angel Soft, Vanity Fair and Sparkle. Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of tissue, including bath tissue, paper towels, facial tissue and napkins. To learn more about our variety of products visit, http://www.gp.com/.
Encadria Staffing solutions is seeking safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Entry Level Operators at the Georgia Pacific Wauna, OR facility. Machine Operators create value by operating paper manufacturing equipment, performing preventative maintenance, and mechanical tasks in the production of a variety of tissue, towel and napkin products. Georgia-Pacific employees are committed to compliance, safety, and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. If you are looking to start a career where you can take on new challenges, then we are interested in learning more about you!
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Learning multiple operator functions in order to operate equipment to expected performance levels
- Maintaining and troubleshooting machinery and equipment
- Driving forklifts to move material around the work site
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Performing mechanical tasks and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Cleaning your work area throughout your shift to ensure an orderly and safe environment
- Internalizing and practicing the MBM® guiding principles to create continuous transformation and positive growth
What do you need?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work a rotating shift that includes weekends, holidays and overtime
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds
What would put you ahead?
- Advanced degree/certification in engineering, electrical/mechanical systems, paper manufacturing, reliability, or other related field(s)
- Experience with mechanical maintenance and machine troubleshooting
- Two (2) or more years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Four (4) or more years of experience in the pulp and paper industry
Encadria Staffing Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.