International Freight Coordinator
Wichita, KS | Temporary to Hire
INVISTA, a subsidiary of Koch Industries, is currently looking to bring on an experienced international freight planner for its office in Wichita, Kansas. This is an immediately opportunity on a temporary-to-hire basis. We are seeking candidates with preferred qualifications including; a Bachelor's degree in logistics or a similar area of study, impeccable organizational skills, superior customer service experience, and a willingness to learn and grow within a reputable organization. Microsoft Office skills are a requirement for this role. If you have worked with VLOOKUPS and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel, that is ideal! Apply today to be considered for this immediate opportunity. You may also check out the INVISTA website for more information about the company.
- Manage transportation planning and logistics procedures to provide reliable, timely and cost effective service
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and ensure the needs of our customers are understood and met
- Analyze forecasting demands, business requirements and operational constraints to proactively work with our customer to recommend solutions
- Own operational and process issues related to international freight, perform root cause analysis, recommend improvements to ensure we have high efficiency and performance
- Ensure transportation planning and execution are reviewed and processed timely
- Manage Freight Forwarding process to provide accurate, timely, cost effective and efficient solutions while maintaining compliance
- Build and maintain relationships with ocean carriers, 3rd party freight forwarders, 3rd party brokers and INVISTA Land Transportation Team to meet our business demands and become their preferred business partner
- Ensure bookings are entered into the system timely, cost effective and meet the customer requirements
- Manage shipping instructions process. (Enter into the system, review for accuracy and deliver to the carriers
- Own documentation process, including preparation and distribution
- Accurate and timely AES entry for US customs filing
- Troubleshoot and seek best knowledge to find optimum solutions to issues that arise
- Held accountable for identifying problems and recommending/implementing solutions.
- Understand situation
- Use Challenge process
- Have good judgement to make decisions and recommend solutions
- Take ownership
- Eliminate waste
- Customer focus is a priority
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E-verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.