Mobile Equipment Operator
Bernice, LA | Temporary to Hire
Georgia Pacific is seeking a Mobile Equipment Operator for our Bernice, LA facility. We are looking for candidates with a strong commitment to safety standards and knowledge of a Cat 950 bucket loader. If you have mobile equipment experience, are a safety-oriented person, and have a commitment to leading safety compliance, we look forward to hearing from you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Operating a Cat 950 bucket loader to load both bark and chips into a van type truck
- Assisting in the maintenance of equipment and tooling
- Ensuring a safe work environment throughout the facility by removing debris from warehouse areas
- Assisting team members throughout the mill as needed
What You Will Need:Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience or more operating a Cat 950 bucket loader
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 8 hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to work in hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to lift/ pull up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
What Will Put You Ahead? Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience operating a Cat 950 bucket loader
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.