Saw Mill Laborer
Dudley, NC | Temporary to Hire
Encadria Staffing Solutions has multiple temporary to hire opportunities with Georgia Pacific in Dudley, NC. These roles allow employees the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge required to perform the job before being hired on full-time. Georgia-Pacific will typically hire within 3-6 months of starting your assignment dependent upon attendance and performance.
The Dudley, NC facility is one of Georgia-Pacific’s largest Building Products facilities. It manufactures Plytanium® Plywood, AC and BC, Sidings and Sturd-I-Floor® Plytanium® Plywood which is used in sheathing, roof decking, sub flooring and other specialty applications. Georgia-Pacific employees strive for safety and health excellence while achieving an injury free workplace. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com/plywood-osb
What will my duties include?
- Firewatch and facility clean up.
- Removing lumber from ‘Roundtable Board Accumulator’ and stacking onto pallets.
- Operate Automatic Bander to secure lumber to pallets.
- Placing sticks on Lumber Stacker Machine.
- Sweeping combustible dust, wood debris and bark.
- Making minor repairs to machines and removing saw dust to ensure proper operation.
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Adhere to quality standards and communicate when defects are found
- Assist in daily tasks as they are needed and assigned.
What type environment can I expect to work in?
- The work area is a mixture of indoors and outdoors.
- Our facility is not climate controlled – employees should expect to work in extreme heat.
- This role will have you working around machinery that produces a lot of heat/noise – It will be warm and loud.
- While on site you will be required to wear PPE at all times. (Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Ear protection and Steel Toe Boots) - PPE will be provided to you at no cost.
- Dress attire should be comfortable but professional – Clean Jeans or work pants and a t-shirt/work shirt.
- This is an active safety and learning environment for all employees. If you do not have the experience or knowledge to perform these duties now we are happy to provide that to you.
- Previous experience in manufacturing, general labor, mechanic, electronics or military service.
- Any mechanical troubleshooting experience and knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Willing and able to work in an environment which will require bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, heavy lifting, climbing stairs or ladders and working on elevated platforms/workstations for up to 12 hours a day.
- Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to lift and pull up to 35 pounds.
Work Schedule/Pay Rate
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee anyone a specific shift as it will be based on the needs of our business.
Monday – Sunday
5AM – 5PM
Rotating Shift: Two Weeks on Day Shift - Off Days - Two Weeks on Night Shift
Visit us at www.encadria.com to learn more about who we are!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.