Fletcher, OK | Temporary to Hire
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading makers of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products and related chemicals. If you’re a consumer, you may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and Dixie® cups and tableware. If you’re in the construction business, you’re probably familiar with our engineered lumber products, gypsum panels and other quality building materials. Even if you work in aerospace, mining or facilities management, Georgia-Pacific products may be part of your day.
Georgia-Pacific has openings for Shipping Utility at our facility in Fletcher, OK we are looking for self-starters with the desire to learn new skills. This role creates value by working amicably with other employees to consistently and safely perform job task associated with tarping trucks, and to provide coverage in production, maintenance, shipping and quality assurance department
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Observe and inspect work area for any potential safety related issues. Report any immediately to your supervisor or other management personnel. Perform all duties and task in accordance with Georgia-Pacific’s safety standards.
- Observe and inspect product for quality defects. Report any immediately to your supervisor or other management personnel.
- Clean up all areas of responsibility on a daily basis.
- Assist with packaging board for truck and rail shipments.
- Check trailers and/or rail cars for defects.
- Sweep and pick-up bays, sweep warehouse and pick-up debris in parking lot and driveways.
- Direct truck drivers.
- Assist production and other operations by providing coverage and performing clean-up.
- Works smoothly with fellow employees, supervisors and managers.
- Follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor.
What You Will Need: Basic Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED
- Willing and able to work any shift weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least 12 hours a day
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, dusty and noisy manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Willing to work in tight confined spaces
What Will Put You Ahead? Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience operating tarping equipment, shrink wrap, and hand tools
Encadria Staffing Solutions is a equal opportunity employer.