Skill Builder/Technical Writer
Diboll, TX | Temporary, possible temporary-to-hire
The responsibilities of this position include developing Standard Operating Procedures for use in training and development and working with the Safety Department on administrative tasks and duties. Successful candidate will need to rely on strong research skills to seek out the information needed to complete the assigned duties and strong organizational skills to identify essential information to complete each procedure.
Job Complexity & Essential Functions of the Job:
- Maintain a high level of safety consciousness
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Perform safety administrative duties and tasks
- Write, edit and proofread written materials with close attention to detail
- Adherence to strict deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Possess exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Have experience in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent organizational skills and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects and handle the unexpected.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp new concepts.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision .*
Preferred Education Requirements:
- Working towards English/Engineering/Technical Writing Degree - Minimum Sophmore Classification
- Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.