Brunswick, GA | Temporary to Hire
Encadria Staffing Solutions is hiring Utility Workers for the Georgia-Pacific Sterling Sawmill located in Brunswick, GA. This is an entry-level position that supports machine operators by learning to operate lumber and production equipment. This role includes sweeping and removing sawdust from the machines in order to maintain a clean and safe working environment for all employees. If you are a safety-oriented person with a commitment to punctuality and attendance excellence, we look forward to hearing from you!
The Sterling facility manufactures southern pine lumber. It’s an affordable, strong, durable softwood that is excellent for pressure treating, light frame construction, general utility framing, studs, bracing, blocking, pallets, crating, rafters and floor and roof trusses. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit http://www.buildgp.com/.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Learning to operate various machines throughout the mill
- Removing sawdust and other debris from production equipment
- Assisting team members throughout the mill as needed
What You Will Need: Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least six (6) months of experience in manufacturing, farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, warehouse, or military environment
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime, as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, humid, noisy, industrial environment
- Willing and able to pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such a lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
What Will Put You Ahead? Preferred Qualifications:
- Two (2) or more years of manufacturing experience
- Experience in lumber or wood products
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.