Fordyce, AR | Temporary, possible temporary-to-hire
Encadria Staffing Solutions, LLC is currently hiring for a Utility Worker/General Labor job in Fordyce, Arkansas. This position involves cleanup and general housekeeping duties including sweeping sawdust and keeping machines free of debris. This is a temporary opportunity with our parent company; Georgia-Pacific, LLC. All general laborers will be working in a fast-paced environment within a non-climate-controlled facility. Water will be provided for proper hydration, but no air conditioning is supplied to the plant. This specific facility produces and manufactures oriented strand board (OSB) which is used in construction. OSB is manufactured by adding adhesives then compressing layers of wood strands and flakes in specific orientations. Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading marketers of tissue, packaging, paper, building products, and related chemicals. After reviewing the job description, please submit your resume and call Taylor Kendrick at 404-652-8874 to further discuss your qualifications.
A day in the life of this labor job typically includes…
- Perform housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, reducing hazards and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Contribute to a team environment by cross-training and filling in for other operators during absences and breaks
- Complete and maintain all daily inspections and downtime reports
- Help to meet and exceed production, waste, and quality goals
- Assist operators and crew members with machine set ups and operating machinery to expected performance levels
Basic requirements include…
- High school diploma or GED
- Six (6) months’ work experience in a farming, landscaping, carpentry, construction, warehouse, military, production or manufacturing environment
- Willingness and ability to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high volume environment
- Willingness and ability to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willingness and ability to work rotating shifts (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts are available)
- Willingness and ability to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment (PPE)
Encadria Staffing Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check and/or passing a drug test. E-verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.