Hosford, FL | Temporary to Hire
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading makers of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products and related chemicals. If you’re a consumer, you may recognize our household brands, such as Brawny; paper towels, Quilted Northern bath tissue and Dixie; cups and tableware.
Georgia Pacific in Hosford FL , is hiring Utility / General Laborer workers. This employee will participate in housekeeping duties such as sweeping sawdust and keeping machinery free from debris.
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, reducing hazards and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators during absences and breaks
- Completing and maintaining all daily inspections and downtime reports
- Utilizing mobile equipment (Forklift)
What do you need? Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Six (6) months’ work experience or more in a warehouse or manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high volume environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.