Chip Mill Operator
Zachary, LA 70791 | Temporary
Job Title: Chip Test Technician
Location: Georgia-Pacific, Port Hudson Mill
Shift: Rotating (6am – 2pm, 2pm – 10pm)
Pay Rate: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
Duration: 3-6 Months Temp
Encadria Staffing Solutions, LLC is now hiring for Georgia-Pacific, LLC in Louisiana! The Pulp & Paper team is seeking a Chip Mill Operator for the Port Hudson (Zachary, LA) facility. Reporting to the Chip Mill Supervisor, this person will work to build strong business relationships within their operating areas with both internal and external customers, while managing operation and maintenance of heavy equipment to help drive process improvements and present innovative solutions to recurring issues.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes
- Safe operation of heavy equipment while ensuring the safety of all co-workers and contractors present at the time of work
- Providing support for ongoing safety and housekeeping processes, while offering recommendations to improve processes and procedures as needs arise
- Repair and maintain any and all equipment when needed
What You Will Need
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience operating heavy equipment
- Strong communication and comprehension skills
- Self-motivated, with a collaborative team-driven attitude
- Willingness to work overtime beyond standard shift and variable starting times/shift work
- Willingness to strictly adhere to safety rules and regulations always
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated area
- Willingness to work in a tobacco free facility – no tobacco products allowed on the property
- Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement after accepting a job offer
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Welding, electrical, or mechanical experience
- Two (2) years of experience in a wood products or pulp mill manufacturing environment
Why Work at a Georgia-Pacific facility?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Encadria Staffing Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. This employer uses E-Verify. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific? Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.