Allendale, SC | Temporary to Hire
Georgia Pacific in Allendale, SC manufactures Oriented Strand Board (OSB), compressed strands of wood and chips that are bound together by adhesive which prevent moisture intrusion. The most common uses for OSB are in house construction and remodeling. Encadria Staffing Solutions is seeking a Floater to work at the Georgia Pacific OSB Mill in Allendale SC.
What Will You Need?
- High school diploma or GED
- At least (3) months of manufacturing, industrial or military experience
- Wiling and able to work any shift holidays, weekends, and over time as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Responsible to make proper changes to cut dimensions and piece counts to ensure proper products are being produced
- Communicate with Press Operator and Finish Line Operators on any issues with the booksaw area
- Take periodic measurements to ensure panel dimensions are within the specified tolerance and bundle heights are within established range
- Monitor product flow from press to book saw and from booksaw to paint booths to ensure a consistent flow of product
- Make continuous visual checks to ensure board quality meets applicable standards for appearance
- Visually inspect equipment to identify any developing failures and inform maintenance/supervisor of any findings
- Able to troubleshoot and make minor adjustments/repairs as required
- Conduct routine housekeeping duties to keep booksaw and surrounding area clean and in good operating condition
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.