Cuba, MO 65453
Maintenance Technician-Cuba, MO
Are you committed to safety? Do you enjoy working in a team environment? If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect role for you! Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for a Maintenance Technician at our Cuba, MO facility. We are looking for highly skilled individual who can troubleshoot and perform maintenance on manufacturing equipment and who have a thorough understanding of safe work practices. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. Read on to learn more!
Our campus in Cuba, MO is a Gypsum Specialty Building Products facility. We specialize in Gypsum products such as FireDefender® door components. For more information on our products please visit http://www.buildgp.com/firedefender-firedoors.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Helping to meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading and interpreting mechanical and electrical schematics
- Completing mechanical and electrical preventive maintenance activities
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of industrial mechanical maintenance experience within an industrial, military or manufacturing environment
- Willing to work in a sometimes hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 2 year Technical Degree or higher in industrial electrical maintenance or related field
- Preventative and predictive maintenance experience
- Experience working with conveyors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- 1 year experience troubleshooting PLC's
Job Type: Temporary