La Mirada, CA 90638 | Temporary
Encadria Staffing Solutions is seeking a Temporary Maintenance Technician for Georgia-Pacific’s manufacturing facility in La Mirada, California. This specific facility produces corrugated and related packaging materials. For this position, we are looking for a highly skilled individual who can troubleshoot and perform maintenance on manufacturing equipment and has a thorough understanding of safe work practices. This position creates tremendous value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. This assignment is estimated to last 3 months, with a potential for extension up to 6 months based on the project progression.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Helping to meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading and interpreting mechanical and electrical schematics
- Completing mechanical and electrical preventive maintenance activities
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least two (2) years of rotary machinery industrial maintenance experience
- Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high volume environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors and electrical/mechanical equipment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience working with 480-volt motors
- Experience working with motor running control and building lighting
- Experience working with hydraulic & pneumatic systems
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, an offer of employment might be conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.