Quality Test Technician
1000 E Mt. Pleasant Zachary Rd. Zachary, LA 70791 | Temporary
Encadria Staffing Solutions, LLC is now hiring for Georgia-Pacific, LLC in Louisiana! The Wood and Fiber Supply team is seeking a Fiber Quality Field Technician for the Port Hudson, LA facility. Reporting to a Fiber Quality Manager, this person will work to build strong business relationships within their operating areas with both internal and external customers, while managing the Pennington Fiber Quality Lab to help drive process improvements and present innovative solutions to recurring issues.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes
- Performing a variety of quality and moisture content analysis ranging from chip product sampling and testing to instrument calibration.
- Required to achieve a high level of performance in the area of environmental compliance, safety performance, drive continuous improvement in fiber quality.
- Responsible for ensuring that we meet/exceed business partner expectations in the areas of quality and sampling.
- Provide assurance that the area complies with all applicable company policies, local, state and federal laws and maintain a businesslike working relationship will wood procurement, accounting, and business partners – internal and external to GP.
What You Will Need
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated area
- Must be able to work safely and continuously promoting safe work practices
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in Process Improvement
- Two (2) years of experience in a wood products or pulp mill manufacturing environment
Why Work at a Georgia-Pacific facility?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific? Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Encadria Staffing Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. This employer uses E-Verify. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.