Decatur, GA | Temporary
Encadria Staffing Solutions is currently seeking an R&D Technician at our Georgia-Pacific Gypsum Laboratory in Decatur, GA. R&D Technicians create value by developing and improving gypsum product lines through testing and analysis, in close coordination with Research Scientists, peers, business partners, and leadership. This role is based out of our Decatur Technical Center (just outside Atlanta). The Decatur site is the heart of Georgia-Pacific R&D efforts and includes a state-of-the-art analytical lab and extensive application testing capabilities. The Technician will work under the direction of the Research & Development Laboratory staff. Assignments typically are in the areas of processing and characterizing inorganic materials to develop and/or improve gypsum products (commercial and residential gypsum panels, specialty gypsum, etc.), etc.). Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
As a market leader, Georgia-Pacific has the analytical, statistical and process tools, assets, and commitment for your success. At Georgia-Pacific, you will play a key role in our product development cycle. If you aspire to learn and use analytical skills and creativity to drive innovation, create value, and grow professionally, we are interested in learning more about you!
A Day In The Life Includes:
- Supporting R&D Scientists and Engineers in lab work to formulate, prepare and test samples of building materials
- Collecting test data, apply basic statistics, graph, and interpret results
- Working in shop to prepare and test building material products
- Handling chemicals/materials; read and file SDS documents
- Knowledge and commitment to safe work practices
- Demonstrating bench work skills and knowledge of chemicals
- Using Microsoft Word, Excel, and statistics
- Demonstrating clear and effective oral and written communication skills
- Organizing, planning, observing and attention to details.
- Working in a lab or shop setting to include product assembly testing, pilot, and manufacturing trials
What You Will Need:
- Associate Degree or higher
- One (1) or more years’ laboratory experience
- Experience using laboratory equipment, including bench chemistry, analytical equipment, pilot equipment
- Willing and able to work in an industrial environment, including periods of time in dusty, noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to lab safety rules and guideline to include wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Experience using MS office Suite
What Will Put You Ahead?
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred in Science, Chemistry, or Engineering
- Experience using statistical software
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, an offer of employment might be conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.