Waynesboro , VA 22980 | Direct hire , Full-time
Encadria Staffing Solutions LLC is currently hiring a Transportation Planner for INVISTA’s Apparel & Advanced Textiles business to support the LYCRA® brand in Waynesboro, VA. This position will be part of the North American Transportation and logistics team. In this role, you will collaborate with teammates to manage domestic truck carriers and coordinate export filings for international shipments with ocean container and truck. This candidate will be someone of sound judgment, high integrity and must have strong relationship building, interpersonal, and communication skills. The successful candidate will also be someone who can multi-task effectively and apply critical decision making and problem-solving skills to accurately and efficiently resolve unplanned events with shipments.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Plan shipments and cross-border documentation distribution process for truck shipments out of the US.
- Communicate with freight forwarders, customs brokers and /A&AT sites to ensure documentation accuracy and completeness for US customs filing process for Truck and Ocean modes is correct.
- Monitor scheduled shipments for on time loading and delivery and promptly notify production or customer service as necessary of any delays, troubleshoot problems and develop solutions to mitigate impact on our service level.
- Manage logistics master data updates in the ERP system covering transportation routes, logistics vendors, freight rates and logistics assets.
- Monitor carrier performance for quality, measuring on-time performance, rejection rate, and adherence to equipment requests
- Use available tools in SAP and Transwide as well as tools and consultation with ocean freight forwarders to drive best value for the company
- Solve problems evenings and weekends as necessary to ensure continuing coverage for the business and carrier partners
- Track location and condition of INVISTA leased/owned trailers
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ year experience in transportation, logistics, or supply chain
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to be on call from time to time to address urgent transportation matters
- Analytics capability to utilize data to uncover trends which will lead to improved logistics performance
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience with SAP
- Freight Forwarding/International trade experience.
- Knowledge of trucking and or international trade or ocean container industries
- Chemical hazardous material training
Encadria Staffing Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. This employer uses E-Verify. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.