3rd SHIFT FORKLIFT OPERATOR
Encadria Staffing Solutions is seeking Forklift Operators for 3RD shift at the Georgia-Pacific Harmon facility in Edison, NJ. This role supports the sustainability efforts of Georgia-Pacific by facilitating the movement of incoming and outgoing product through the facility. We are looking for candidates with a strong commitment to safety standards and knowledge of forklift operations. If you have mobile equipment experience, are a safety-oriented person, and have a commitment to leading safety compliance, we look forward to hearing from you!
GP Harmon Recycling, a subsidiary of Georgia –Pacific, is one of the largest pure traders of recycled fiber in the world, trading in excess of 100 thousand tons per week. We develop markets for our supplier’s recovered materials and provide a reliable source of quality feedstock to our global customer base. To learn more about our Harmon Recycling division, visit http://www.gpharmon.com/
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Leading daily team safety meetings
- Assisting in the maintenance of equipment and tooling
- Keeping accurate records of transactions being performed on inbound and outbound material
- Identifying contaminants (wood, plastic) in baled materials, sorting as necessary.
- Ensuring a safe work environment throughout the facility by removing debris from warehouse areas
- Assisting team members throughout the mill as needed
- What You Will Need: Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 8 hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to work in hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to lift/ pull up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
- Required to work every 3rd Saturday as part of regular work schedule.
- One (1) year of experience or more operating a forklift/skid steer to load and unload trailers
- Current forklift license or the ability to obtain one within six (6) months
- What Will Put You Ahead? Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience operating a skid steer or front end loader with proficiency within 30 to 60 days of provided training
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90> of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness JO b Type: Temp to Hire Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Salary: $16 per /hour
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.