Admin Inventory Specialist (Temporary)
Savannah, GA US
Encadria Staffing Solutions places employees at Georgia-Pacific and many other Koch companies across the country. The Koch family of companies is built on principles of integrity and respect. We pride ourselves on doing the right thing... for you, for us, and for the companies we partner with.
Are you a self-motivated individual with strong time management and organizational skills? If so, we may have the right opportunity for you!
GP Harmon is seeking a Scale House Admin Assistant to work 1st shift at our Savannah, GA facility. This role supports the sustainability efforts of Georgia-Pacific by ensuring data and documentation accuracy with inbound and outbound loads. This role maintains strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment and works any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed. We are looking for candidates with strong commitment to safety. If you have logistics experience, strong computer skills and a commitment to leading safety compliance, we look forward to hearing from you! Attention to detail and accuracy of work is imperative, being able to multi-task, work under pressure with competing demands, etc is also really important.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensuring that all employees maintain compliance to all company policies and procedures related to scale activities
- Actively pursuing and identifying new ways to reduce cost of operation and improve day to day activities
- Answering inbound calls and assisting drivers, vendors, and suppliers or directing calls to the appropriate person
- Interfacing with truck drivers, vendors, and suppliers when required
- Keeping accurate transaction records being performed on inbound and outbound material
- Preparing and sending required export documentation and CCIC (China Certification Inspection Company) photos in a timely manner
- Planning daily shipments for dedicated on-site drivers
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or GED
- A minimum of one (1) year in a shipping and/or receiving role or experience in a logistics role
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience creating formulas in Microsoft Excel
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 2-3 years Administrative experience
- 2 years Export Logistics experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 per hour