Assistant Machine Operator/Machine Operator
Green Bay, WI 54303
Set up, operate, or tend paper good machines that perform a variety of functions, such as rewinding, folding, printing, gluing, wrapping, boxing, or stacking of paper goods. Assistant Operators and Operators are also responsible for complying with the Lean Initiatives and following Standard Work Practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Ability to work safely and accident-free in all job functions.
• Examine completed work to verify conformance to work orders along with all areas of quality, and adjust machinery as necessary to correct any issues.
• Start machines and move controls to regulate tension of paper, to synchronize speed of machine components, adjust print settings as required, adjust winding parameters, folding parameters, and all down-stream equipment to meet the specifications of each product.
• Ability to make machine adjustments using basic hand tools.
• Install machine change parts to meet new product specifications.
• Measure, space, and set all types of blades, anvils, and slitters, and printing plates/sleeves according to product specifications.
• Place rolls of paper in machine back stands and safely thread paper through unwind, press section, embossers, slitting rolls, folding rolls, rewinder area, bag machine, etc.
• Fill glue reservoirs.
• Disassemble machines to maintain, repair, or replace broken or worn parts, using hand or power tools.
• Able to run, troubleshoot, grade change all equipment i.e. unwind, press, bag machine, roll wrappers, case packers, bundlers, case stackers, folders, rewinder, etc…
• Able to meet daily production standards specific to each product.
• Able to meet all quality standards to include completing the quality checklist.
• Able to accurately complete the daily production report including down-time recording.
• Able to enter into computer all required information as needed for each product.
• Responsible for providing the necessary training needs to the team within the employee’s knowledge and capabilities.
• Perform online quality inspections as required
• Direct crew members as needed and ensure they are following all safe work practices.
• The ability to demonstrate leadership skills on regular, consistent basis.
• Keep work area clean, maintained, and organized while following the lean initiatives.
• Responsible for food safety monitoring activities as assigned.
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned, including the crew member position as needed.
• Regular attendance is required.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build positive relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
Hours are 12 hour shifts on a 2-2-3 schedule
Days to Nights rotation-every two weeks
2 weeks day shifts/2 weeks night shifts