Automation & Controls Technical Analyst (Temp to Hire)
Georgia Pacific is seeking a Process Control Technical Analyst to join our team in Pennington, AL, Naheola Mill to be a technical subject matter expert for controls and automation network at our facility. Candidate will be responsible for leading practical implementation of network standards for security and architecture, consulting with customers as a central technical expert to find solutions to problems in the areas of control systems architecture, infrastructure design, and cybersecurity. This position supports both DCS and PLC systems throughout the mill and will be responsible for designing and implementing Network improvements while working with others to maintain and troubleshoot the mill’s Control Network. If you are a someone who is a self-starter who works well under minimal supervision in a team environment, then this may be the right role for you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Document, maintain, upgrade, or replaces hardware and software systems as part of a technical strategy.
- Drive implementation of manufacturing IT standards and best practices through project teams and facility resources.
- Develop an understanding of business operations to better support the end-user, and to suggest changes to processes that will improve productivity or add value.
- Participate in the implementation of systems and applications needed in the manufacturing environment as a team leader or member.
- Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solution to restore functionality
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and execute against a define plan and strategy.
- Provide day-to-day operational support for mill networks, server assets and associated technologies to meet the needs of the business in a 24x7 mill environment.
- Work as part of a larger support team to implement overall company standards in the Controls and Automation environment. After-hours and on-call necessary as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and technical troubleshooting skills
- Good customer focus
- Strong communication, planning, documentation and organizational skills Ability to work independently, setting goals, and achieving milestones with minimal direction
- Ability to work as part of a team, driving toward common goals, and working within standardized processes
What you will need:
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or Networking Certification such as Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
- 2 – 5 years of experience working in an IT role
- Competent with computer systems and IT components
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Familiar with latest Windows operating systems
- Ability to lift and move computers and servers
- Serve on a rotational week-end duty team and be available after-hours as necessary
- What will put you ahead?*
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information, or related technical degree Cisco networking and wireless experience
- Firewall knowledge
- Microsoft server and desktop administration
- Honeywell DCS administration
- Rockwell PLC administration
- NAS/SAN storage systems
- backup and recovery solutions
- VMWare or Hyper-V
- Understanding or experience with the Purdue Network model for ICS
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing drug and background screens.
Job Type: Temporary