Wilmington, MA 01887
Encadria Staffing Solutions is seeking a Buyer at the Koch Membrane Solutions facility in Wilmington, MA. This role supports the sustainability efforts of KMS by globally planning and sourcing raw materials, commodities, machinery and services with the best total cost, quality and delivery performance, for assigned manufacturing area. If you have Buyer experience, are a safety oriented person, and have commitment to leading safety compliance, we look forward to hearing from you!
A Day in a Life which typically includes
- Work closely with manufacturing management to develop supplier relationships to support and meet membrane element and module manufacturing operational needs.
- Support research and engineering teams to identify, qualify and implement lower cost supplies from existing sources and new sources on a global basis.
- Establish effective relationships with equipment suppliers to ensure the best delivery and prices for requested items.
- Ensure the maximum purchasing leverage is achieved on all supply contracts by liaising with not only KMS Inc. purchasing team but also with other members of the KCTG group and KII purchasing teams as appropriate.
- Control purchase price variances, improve supplier quality, reduce material variability and improve delivery performance, in order to improve material costs, quality and security of supply.
- Lead or support negotiations on assigned supply contracts.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issue purchase orders in accordance with company policies and terms and conditions.
- Collaborate with manufacturing to implement "best in class" material safety stock, First-In-First-Out system, VMI programs to reduce inventory costs and optimize delivery performance.
- Ensure the accuracy of supplier and parts data in the ERP system.
- Optimize the use of information systems and technology for tracking, analysis, reporting, administration, and communication between KMS and suppliers. reporting, administration, and communication between KMS and suppliers.
- Monitor key market conditions that will influence the availability and cost of key purchases to ensure proactive steps are taken to respond to any adverse movements.
- Ensure seamless communication on all aspects of procurement, between the various manufacturing centers and KMS Purchasing team.
- Participate in improving the material supply chain by developing expectations for the suppliers, monitoring and holding the suppliers accountable and improving the quality dialog with suppliers in leading to lower total cost.
- Maintain KPI-tracking system to measure and monitor supplier’s performance against quality and delivery standards.
What You Will Need: Basic Qualifications
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office product suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree, or higher from an accredited college or university or 5 years of experience in a buyer/planner position.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Microsoft Access Skills or report writing
- Visibility ERP Experience
- CPIM or CPM Certifications
We offer competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
To learn more about us and the kinds of people we employ, please visit our web site at www.encadria.com