Atlanta, GA 30303
Encadria Staffing Solutions is currently working to hire a Central Expeditor for Georgia-Pacific’s corporate office location in downtown Atlanta, GA (30303). This is a temporary position, lasting 6 – 12 months.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America, and Europe.
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible and economically sound. Georgia-Pacific is an independently managed and operated company of Koch Industries, a private company headquartered in Wichita, Kansas.
The Central Expeditor will be responsible for expediting POs issued by central buying team members, any requests that come in to expedite POs issued by local buyers will be directed back to local teams.
Expeditors will handle ETAs that come to the Central Expeditor email box. If the order is over 90 days, or has not been placed on order, the Expeditors will direct the ETA request back to the buyer.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Expedite cases will be “accepted and reviewed” within 1 hour, with cases having a critical need prioritized (for example: needed that day, hot shot, etc.).
- Cases will be updated with clear and through notes for the end user. For example, if you have called the vendor, the case notes will contain that information, so that the mill understands what work has been completed on this expedite. A case that has been worked by the Expedite team will be consider closed once it has a confirmed EDD.
- Cases will be closed out in a timely manner. If an expedite must be left in the “accepted and under review status,” it will be updated once a week (5 business days) to provide an update for the end user.
- The Expeditors will rotate weekly on follow-up for expedite cases that are handled during after-hours.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with MS Office products, including Excel and Outlook
- Team-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated organization and communication skills
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Contract experience
- Experience with SAP, Asset Suite, and MP2
- Working knowledge of MRP computer programs or similar systems is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E-verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.