Cincinnati, OH 45202
Encadria Staffing Solutions is looking for a Cost Estimator who has previous experience in corrugation manufacturing. The ideal candidate should have a BA degree in Accounting or Finance and 2+ years of experience in a cost accountant or pricing focused role. Experience in Microsoft Office and Excel (including writing and troubleshooting formulas), Kiwiplan, Good Manufacturing Practices, as well as familiarity with Standard Cost Systems are strongly preferred. This is a temporary-to-hire opportunity.
Responsibilities will include:
- Plan, organize and direct all activities of cost accounting of corrugated products
- Proactively analyze variances and communicate issues and opportunities to management
- Develop metrics and tracking system for major cost drivers of products
- Capture and maintain win/loss analysis of customer quotes
- Maintain customer price reporting and metrics for pricing decision making
- Gather required costing input from sales, customers, production, or other resources. Make and document assumptions on inputs that are not provided or available to complete estimation.
- Capable of identifying equipment, processes and resources needed based on product specifications and release quantities
- Work with vendors on approved vendor lists to obtain quotes for services, tooling, miscellaneous items, freight, assembly costs, etc. to complete costing.
- Know the capabilities and limitations of a corrugation facility’s machines, including how they are set-up and ran for optimum efficiency. Maintain capabilities register of both internal and external partner machine /manufacturing capabilities
- Contributes to team effort by leading projects and accomplishing tasks related to results needed.
- Ability to problem solve and make intelligent/educated assumptions when all information is not provided or available
- Validate and audit OTC system for accuracy of cost/pricing and specifications of products
- Maintain standard cost tables within costing system and files
We offer competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.