Entry Level Production Positions
Dequincy, LA 70633
Encadria Staffing Solutions places employees at Georgia-Pacific and many other Koch companies across the country. The Koch family of companies is built on principles of integrity and respect. We pride ourselves on doing the right thing... for you, for us, and for the companies we partner with. We provide opportunities for temporary, temporary-to-hire and full-time employment. If you are looking for your next career move, consider this -
- Perform housekeeping function to aid in keeping machinery running smoothly, reduce safety and fire hazards, maintain environmental controls and maintain appearance of the plan.
- Ensure smooth operation of waste conveyors.
- Cross train and fill in for Lumber Separator and Tray Chaser for vacation or sickness relief. (See appropriate job description for details on job duties and physical requirements.)
- Operate cleanup uniloader where necessary.
- Operate forklift to locate waste hoppers.
- Operate sweeper to maintain clean roads.
- Assist operators with cleanup and cross ups.
- Work smoothly with fellow employees, supervisors and managers.
- Follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor.
- Working Conditions/Requirements:Subject to noise levels requiring constant hearing protection.
- Need to be available for a minimum of 40 hours as defined by assigned shift and must be available to work overtime. Regular attendance is an essential job requirement. Subject at all times to seasonal temperatures with some exposure to weather conditions when working outside.
- Physical Requirements:
- At varying intervals and for varying durations, this job will require bending; climbing ladders, stairs and equipment up to 40 feet in height; lifting up to 60 pounds; levering up to 1,000 lbs. to clear crossed logs; standing and walking for periods that can last in excess of 8 hours; straddling equipment and open areas up to three feet in length. Should not be averse to heights due to climbing, requirements. Due to production and safety requirements involving machinery, vehicles and evacuation plans in this work area, this job requires that the employee have acceptable vision and hearing capabilities.
- Necessary Knowledge and/or Training:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak and comprehend basic English in order to be able to cross train and fill in at a variety of job locations.
- Necessary Prior Experience:
- Prior experience working in a sawmill, with similar equipment or in similar jobs will be a benefit when competing for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon passing a drug test.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.