Fiber Quality Chip Test Technician
Zachary, LA 70791
Georgia-Pacific Wood and Fiber Supply (W&FS), LLC is key to ensuring that GP's 80+ mills maintain a constant flow of logs, wood fiber and chips. W&FS sources its wood from private lands owned by industrial, institutional, or individual landowners. Encadria Staffing Solutions is currently assisting the Wood and Fiber Supply team in hiring a Fiber Quality Chip Tester for our manufacturing facility in the Zachary, LA area. The Fiber Quality Chip Tester will perform a variety of quality and moisture content analysis ranging from chip product sampling and testing to instrument calibration.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Maintaining a high level of safety awareness including attending safety meetings
- data in Chip and Bark Samples to analyze
- Entering, maintaining, and analyzing the Rader data systems
- Maintaining the Rader Classifier by routine cleanings and maintenance
- Identifying quality non-conformance and notifying the Chip Quality Field Tech so that issues can be corrected.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience in a manufacturing or plant setting
- Valid Driver’s License for local travel
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience with Rader data systems
- Experience with process improvement
- Experience testing for quality
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.