Diboll, TX 75941 US
Hey, we get it, life is expensive and in today's world who wouldn’t appreciate an extra source of income. Here at Encadria Staffing Solutions we specialize in offering a wide range of seasonal and part time assignments with competitive pay and flexible work schedules. Whether you’re looking for a short-term assignment to pay for your next vacation or a new car, Encadria is here to help you do more than just pay the bills.
We have part-time Fire Watch positions at Georgia Pacific in Diboll, TX – these positions are rotating weekend 12 hour positions
- Fire watch personnel maintain surveillance of areas where hot work — welding or cutting with torches — has occurred.
- Welding and cutting both cause sparks and bits of molten metal to fly into the surrounding area.
- The fire watch maintains a lookout for small fires started by these sparks and bits of slag.
- Should a fire begin to develop or occur, they execute their primary duty of sounding the alarm and, if possible, attempt to control the fire.
Education and Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be available for weekend 12 hour shifts from Friday – Sunday and possibly Thursdays and during holidays.
- Must be a fast learner, be resistant on changing weather conditions (continuous working) and have the willingness to work longer hours or even on weekends and on a graveyard shift.
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty, noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. safety glasses, face shield, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs) with or without reasonable accommodation
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify.