Georgia-Pacific is hiring General Helpers for our Fayette facility in Belk, Alabama. This facility produces a variety of products from Southern Yellow Pine, including dimension lumber and studs. As a General Helper, you will be working in different areas of the mill to keep it clean. You will be sweeping, shoveling, and giving machine operators breaks when needed. This is a hands-on, entry-level job that truly gives you experience in every part of our mill. You will learn how to operate different lumber producing machinery with the expectation you can run them at production levels.
If you thrive on working in a team environment, have an interest in working with machines and are excited about advancement opportunities, this may be the job for you!
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Performing labor intensive housekeeping to keep machinery functioning properly, reducing hazards, and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Working in various areas throughout the mill to help meet or exceed facility and company goals for production and quality
- Training with machine operators and making a proactive effort to learn proper, safe operation of system machine centers
- Increasing knowledge and application of work process to understand how they lead to increased productivity and reduced waste of useable product