General Helper/Operators 1
Georgia-Pacific is hiring General Helpers for our Fayette facility in Belk, Alabama. This facility produces a variety of products from Southern Yellow Pine, including dimension lumber and studs. As a General Helper, you will be working in different areas of the mill to keep it clean. You will be sweeping, shoveling, and giving machine operators breaks when needed. This is a hands-on, entry-level job that truly gives you experience in every part of our mill. You will learn how to operate different lumber producing machinery with the expectation you can run them at production levels.
If you thrive on working in a team environment, have an interest in working with machines and are excited about advancement opportunities, this may be the job for you!
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Performing labor intensive housekeeping to keep machinery functioning properly, reducing hazards, and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Working in various areas throughout the mill to help meet or exceed facility and company goals for production and quality
- Training with machine operators and making a proactive effort to learn proper, safe operation of system machine centers
- Increasing knowledge and application of work process to understand how they lead to increased productivity and reduced waste of usable productBasic Qualifications:
- What do you need?
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one (1) year of experience working within a manufacturing, industrial, military OR operating heavy equipment
- Required to work rotating shifts.
- Required to work weekends
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to change shifts when given short notice, (e.g. one day’s notice)
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employmentPreferred Qualifications:
- What would put you ahead?
- (2) years or more of manufacturing experience
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience in lumber or wood productsWe offer competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
- Who are we? Watch to find out more!
We offer competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
To learn more about us and the kinds of people we employ, please visit our web site at www.encadria.com.
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Salary: $14.00 /hour