General Laborer (Painter)
Fort Dodge, IA
Encadria Staffing Solutions is hiring General Laborer (Painter) workers for the Georgia Pacific facility in Fort Dodge, IA. This role creates value by performing various manual tasks to include painting around the facility, housekeeping duties such as sweeping, preparing the walls to paint, removing any excess paint and cleaning up the area after painting is complete, and maintaining a clean work environment to meet the facility’s safety and production goals.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Preparing walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Completing and maintaining all daily inspections and downtime reports
- Creating a safe work space by maintaining a cleanliness in assigned area
- Adhering to all safety, health, and plant rules, policies, procedures, and guidelines
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have proven experience as a painter
- Must have solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Must have aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least 8 to 12 hours a day
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E-Verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Job Type: Temporary