General Laborer/Baler Helper
GP Harmon is seeking a General Laborer/Baler Helper to work 1st Shift in our Allentown PA facility. This role supports the sustainability efforts of Georgia-Pacific by sorting recyclables. We are looking for candidates with a strong commitment to safety.
Will hand sort recyclable material into Gaylord's - (i.e. paper, plastic, cardboard), may re-stack material by hand or use industrial powered pallet jack to move material.
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to work weekends and Holidays if needed
- Willing and able to operate an Electric Riding Pallet Jack
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 8 hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work in hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to lift/ pull up to 50 lbs
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
What Will Put You Ahead? Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $12.50 per hour