General Laborer/Baler Helper
Do you want to get from where you are to where you want to be, but you’re not sure how to get there? Encadria has been helping people build a bridge to full-time jobs with great companies for over 30 years. 1000 Encadria employees transitioned from temporary assignments to full-time employment in 2018 alone. Let Encadria help get you there!
GP Harmon is seeking a General Laborer/Baler Helper to work 1st Shift in our Allentown PA facility. This role supports the sustainability efforts of Georgia-Pacific by sorting recyclables. We are looking for candidates with a strong commitment to safety.
Will hand sort recyclable material into Gaylord's - (i.e. paper, plastic, cardboard), may re-stack material by hand or use industrial powered pallet jack to move material.
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to work weekends and Holidays if needed
- Willing and able to operate an Electric Riding Pallet Jack
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 8 hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to work in hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to lift/ pull up to 50 lbs
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
What Will Put You Ahead? Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $12.50 per hour