Encadria Staffing Solutions is seeking a General Laborer to work 2nd shift at our Elizabeth, NJ facility. GP Harmon Recycling, a subsidiary of Georgia–Pacific, is one of the largest pure traders of recycled fiber in the world, trading more than 100 thousand tons per week. We develop markets for our supplier’s recovered materials and provide a reliable source of quality feedstock to our global customer base. To learn more about our Harmon Recycling division, visit http://www.gpharmon.com/
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Ability to unload trailers of plastics bags manually by hand and place in gaylords.
- Remove boxes with recyclables and sort into gaylords manually by hand.
- Sweep (with push broom) plant floor and inside of trailers throughout the shift.
- Close and open trailer doors which requires bending and reaching and some use of force.
- Transport gaylords of material by hand on wheeled cart (pushing/pulling) up to approximately 200 lbs.
What You Will Need: Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 8 hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to work in hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to lift/ pull up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
What Will Put You Ahead? Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.