General Laborer Summer Program
Georgia-Pacific is looking for motivated 1st, 2nd and third shift General Laborers with a passion for safety to join our team as a summer relief not to exceed 90 days. This position creates value by providing labor support to the operations team which allows them to produce a quality product for our customers in a timely manner. General Laborers contribute to a safe and clean plant environment by performing general housekeeping duties in different areas of the production floor. If you are committed to safety and enjoy working with a team, you may be GP’s next General Laborer!
Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. To learn more about our Corrugated Division, visit http://www.gppackaging.com/Corrugated
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
• Helping operate machinery to expected performance levels
• Helping to meet and exceed production, waste and quality goals
• Assisting with machine set-ups, troubleshooting and making minor machine adjustments
• Maintaining cleanliness in designated work area throughout shift
What do you need?
• High School Diploma or GED
• Experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
• Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
• Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
• Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
• Willing and able to lift and move up to 50 lbs
What would put you ahead?
• Two (2) years or more experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
• Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
• Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
• Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
• Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
• Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
• Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We offer competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
To learn more about us and the kinds of people we employ, please visit our web site at www.encadria.com.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $15.45 /hour