Green End Utility (Temp to Hire)
Fairfax, SC 29827
Encadria Staffing Solutions, a Georgia-Pacific company is seeking Green End Support Operators at our Oriented Strand Board mill in Allendale, SC. This is a non-climate controlled mill, meaning temperatures can be very high in the summer and cold in the winter. As a Green End Support Operator your primary responsibility will be to maintain the scoring bar on the Strander machine. The scoring bar is part of the Strander that determines the length of the strand of OSB and has 5 knives in each set. It is important that the bar is maintained at all times in order to maximize quality and production.
If you thrive in a team environment with ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Assembling the scoring bars and continuously stocking the carts to ensure sets are ready to be replaced if needed
- Cleaning the scoring bars that are removed from the Strander and replacing the dull knives with sharp knives
- Maintaining a clean knife room and environment around the Strander to ensure efficient equipment operation
- Learning to operate the Strander equipment and Log Yard Crane in order to cover other employees’ breaks and vacations
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Learning to safely operate mobile equipment such as skid steers, front end loaders, and forklifts
What Will You Need?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a dayPreferred Qualifications
- What Will Put You Ahead?
- At least two (2) years of manufacturing experience
- Experience using computerized control systems
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience working in lumber or wood products
- Experience troubleshooting equipmentExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We offer competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
To learn more about us and the kinds of people we employ, please visit our web site at www.encadria.com
Job Type: Full-time - Temporary
Salary: $15.00 /hour