Encadria Staffing Solutions is actively seeking an HR Assistant at Georgia-Pacific’s manufacturing facility in Zachary, LA (Port Hudson). We’re looking to hire a professional individual who will provide administrative support to the Human Resources team with various special projects. The ideal candidate must be able to maintain confidentiality of information, enter data into spreadsheets, compile and complete reports, coordinate events, and take on other assignments as designated. Efficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is a requirement, as well as prior HR experience.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
As a minimum, the following is a basic description of typical duties and responsibilities expected of the Human Resources Assistant. These duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change as the needs of the organization require.
- Completing special projects to update personnel records in accordance with records retention guidelines;
- Reorganizing files and records
- Preparing and boxing up records for offsite storage
- Assisting withonboarding tasks for new hires as requested;
- Preparing onboarding packets
- Tracking status of onboarding employees
- Completing new hire checklists
- Coordinating activities for on-site talent interviews
- Processing and distributing attendance reports weekly
- Participating in special projects and performing other HR related duties as required and assigned by the HR Manager
What You Will Need: Basic Qualifications:
- Three (3) or more years’ of HR experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Associate's degree or higher in Business, HR, or a related field
- Experience using KRONOS, SAP, ScheduleSoft & TALEO
- Experience with collective bargaining agreements
- Thorough knowledge of applicable employment laws and regulations particularly the Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disability Act
- Advanced MS Word and Excel skills, as well as experience with an HRIS
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, an offer of employment might be conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.