Industrial Journeyman Electrician
Newington, NH 03801
Start a new career with Encadria Staffing Solutions and Georgia-Pacific, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Building Products and Consumer Products. We are immediately seeking a Journeyman or Master Electrician at our Newington, New Hampshire facility. If you are seeking a fulfilling career with an organization that offers opportunities for growth, consider joining our Reliability team. We offer a competitive hourly wage rate between $33 - $38/hr., depending on your experience. Our performance-based compensation system allows motivated employees to earn accelerated rate increases, an extra $1.50/hr. for 2nd shift or an extra $2.00/hr. for 3rd shift, quarterly bonus program participation, and spot bonuses as well. Safety is a shared value at Georgia-Pacific, and we “walk the walk” through employee involvement in every facet of our operation.
Upon hire with Georgia-Pacific, after a temporary employment period, you will be eligible for various lucrative benefits options. This includes; full medical and dental benefits, life insurance, a 401K matching program, paid holidays, paid vacation days and paid floating holidays each year. Opportunities for advancement are only limited by your initiative and ability to create value in a business that is solid, growing, and reinvesting in new technologies for enhanced safety, quality, reliability, and employee fulfillment. Check out the following link for more info about this location: https://youtu.be/6GHIm5A0sKs
This is a full-time position that would involve working evening and/or night shifts.
The Georgia-Pacific facility in Newington, NH produces a variety of gypsum wallboard products. Wallboard is an affordable, strong and durable construction material used in residential and commercial building. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com. To learn more about our gypsum products, visit www.gpgypsum.com.
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Performing preventative maintenance and repair equipment, as needed.
- Testing/Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical circuits for efficiency.
- Reading and comprehending electrical blueprints, schematics, one line diagrams.
- Following electrical codes and regulations set by State, Federal and Industry.
- Assembling, installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical and mechanical systems.
- Installation and Maintenance of electrical motors, switches and some switch gear
- Verify Zero Energy/LTV
- Electrical Trade Certification – Master / Journeyman Electrician
- Understanding NEC, NFPA and local codes
- Strong understanding of electrical theory
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Must be willing to work from heights
- Must have the ability to work off ladders
- Must be able to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching and grasping
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to install various type of Electrical Conduit systems according to NEC
What Will Put You Ahead?
- PLC, Industrial Controls and HMI experience
- Knowledge of Industrial Manufacturing equipment
- Experience in the Commissioning/Start-Up of new electrical installations
- Proficient with a personal computer and common applicable functions/programs
- IT Knowledge
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf