Industrial Maintenance Electrician
La Mirada, CA
Encadria Staffing Solutions is seeking a Temporary-to-Hire Maintenance Electrician for Georgia-Pacific’s manufacturing facility in La Mirada, California. This specific facility produces corrugated and related packaging materials. For this position, we are looking for a highly skilled individual who can troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues on various manufacturing equipment and has a thorough understanding of safe work practices. This position creates tremendous value for the facility by performing necessary corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. This assignment is estimated to last 3 months temporary-to-hire based on performance.
This position offers a starting rate of $37 an hour based on skills & relevant experience.
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Helping meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a reliability centered maintenance program
- Installing and repairing motors, drives, and other electrical equipment
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, belts, and couplings
- Reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with 480-volt systems
- Electrical maintenance experience within an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience troubleshooting electrical systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Willing and able to work any shift to include: holidays, weekends, and overtime
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Certified Electrician
- Experience programming and troubleshooting PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience with a manual lathe and milling machine
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, an offer of employment might be conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.