Industrial Maintenance Electrician
La Mirada, CA 90638
Maintenance Electrician – La Mirada, CA
Encadria Staffing Solutions is currently seeking a Maintenance Electrician to support Georgia-Pacific’s La Mirada location, which manufactured corrugated sheets and other related Packaging materials. At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Apply today for this exciting opportunity to work with one of the world’s leading manufacturers of paper and pulp products as a Maintenance Electrician. This is temporary-to-hire opportunity, based on employee performance and attendance. We are looking to hire a qualified individual as soon as possible, so please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information!
This position offers competitive pay and benefits.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems and repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Helping meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a reliability centered maintenance program
- Installing and repairing motors, drives, and other electrical equipment
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, belts, and couplings
- Reading and interpreting electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with 480-volt systems
- Electrical maintenance experience within an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience troubleshooting electrical systems
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Willing and able to work any shift to include: holidays, weekends, and overtime
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Certified Electrician
- Experience programming and troubleshooting PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controllers)
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience with a manual lathe and milling machine
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.