MRP Logistics Controller
La Porte, TX 77571
Encadria Staffing Solutions is currently hiring an MRP (Materials Requirement Planning) Logistics Controller in La Porte, TX. This is a temporary-to-hire opportunity, which could lead to full-time employment with The LYCRA Company at its facility in La Porte. The LYCRA Company innovates and produces fiber and technology solutions for the apparel and hygiene industries, as well as specialty chemicals used in the spandex and polyurethane value chains. Although The LYCRA Company’s name is new, its legacy stretches back to 1958 with the invention of the original spandex yarn; LYCRA® fiber.
The La Porte, TX site produces chemicals and polymers for end uses including but not limited to Spandex Fibers, Polyurethane, Pharmaceuticals, and a wide variety of engineering plastics. It is located on the Houston Ship Channel, about 25 minutes from downtown Houston and near the Johnson Space Center, Galveston, and many other Gulf Coast locations of interest.
A successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, and experience:
- Material Requirements Planning:
- Ability to maintain raw material and production master data and bills of materials (BOM).
- Utilizes the production plan to monitor and replenish raw materials.
- Resolves issue between BOMs and actual material consumption.
- Ability to work within SAP/APO and SAP/ECC to ensure accurate raw material planning via MRP functions.
- Ability to coordinate and receive raw materials in SAP and use SAP to confirm accurate consumption of materials in production.
- Ability to deal with issues on pick/pack lists (for inbound/outbound shipments of products and raw materials).
- Ability to understand information flow from the Shop Floor systems to SAP and to resolve problems with interfaces between SAP and Shop Floor Systems and posting issues on process orders at month end.
- Ability to create process orders in SAP & make process order changes as necessary
- Ensures accurate completion of process orders and accurate completion of production orders.
- Inventory Controls:
- Ability to maintain inventory record accuracy (cycle counts, adjustments, block/unblock) and track intraplant inventory movements via SAP and provide accurate and real-time inventory reporting.
- Ability to perform Cycle Counting and teach Operators how to cycle count for minor raw materials
- Ability to reconcile process order backflush errors.
- Collaborates with Supply Planner on inventory levels.
- Ability to perform real-time inventory reporting; picking/packing and shipment completion.
- Ability to manually assign batches when SAP system cannot select.
- Ability to coordinate product returns, screening, and quality holds.
- Ability to manage in-bound/out-bound shipments and loading/unloading activities
- Owns and insures safe and proper loading, securement and unloading of transport equipment. Validates of proper shipping documents and presentation to the carrier.
- Ability to fill the Transportation Lead role for transportation compliance.
- Ability to work with Operations members to support shipping and tank farm management requirements.
- Ability to update loading/unloading schedule and communicate requirements to operators and site landlord
- College degree in business or supply chain or logistics with strong SAP knowledge
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with SAP APO and SAP ECC
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Technology (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work effectively with all personnel regardless of function/level
- Strong analytical, planning & organizational skills
- Strong economic thinking skills
- Experience with data historian for obtaining operating data, such as the ASPEN suite of products
- Experience with PowerBI or similar products to analyze and present data
- Ability to troubleshoot and develop creative solutions to operating problems
- Demonstrated use of data analysis software. Working knowledge of data analytic methods and automation processes for loading and MRP processes
- Appropriate Transportation Compliance certifications
- Must be able to climb stairs in operating unit
- Must be willing to work periodic workdays in excess of 8 hours
- Must be willing to relocate to Houston, Texas
Encadria Staffing Solutions offers competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.