Machine Operator/ Forklift Driver
Encadria Staffing Solutions, a Georgia Pacific company, is here to help you find your career! Since 2001, we have been helping people find temporary, temporary to hire and direct hire opportunities at great companies across the U.S. We find something that works around YOUR lifestyle! If you are looking for an exciting new career, then look no further. Apply TODAY!
Encadria is currently recruiting for temporary to hire roles at Georgia Pacific in Dubuque! This is an amazing opportunity to start your career with GP.
We have openings on 2nd and 3rd shift.
2nd Shift - 3PM - 11:20PM M-Fri.
3rd Shift - 11PM - 7:20AM Sun-Fri.
We are looking for dedicated employees who can commit themselves to this position and are anxious to learn and grow in their role.
Take a look at this video clip to see inside the GP facility and learn about machine operating:
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Learning to operate machines throughout the facility to include (a) setting up and/or assisting with slotting, feed, scoring, print, and die cutting sections as applicable, and (b) setting up and/or assisting with unitizing station and bundler on machines
- Ensuring proper placement of load tags and bottom sheets
- Ensuring correct stacking patterns, that all units are stacked neatly, and quantities are correct
- Monitoring board quality, including loose liner, warp, dimensions, caliper, and any other defects
- Submitting maintenance work orders to report repairs
- Assisting all team members throughout the plant as needed
- Completing general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean team work environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of one (1) year of prior work experience
- Willing and able to read a tape measure
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to lift/pull up to 35 lbs
- Willing and able to work in a loud, hot, humid, cold, noisy and high volume environment
- Willing and able to work daily overtime (up to 4 additional hours per day) and Saturday overtime
- One (1) or more years of experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Previous experience working in the corrugated industry
- Previous experience operating mobile equipment
We offer competitive wages and benefits.We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
- To learn more about us and the kinds of people we employ, please visit our web site at*www.encadria.com**
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the large number of responses we receive to our job postings, only those applicants with the needed experience, applicable educational requirements, and qualifications will be acknowledged.*