La Mirada, CA 90638
Encadria Staffing Solutions is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to support Georgia-Pacific’s La Mirada facility, which manufactures corrugated sheets and other related Packaging materials. At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Apply today for this exciting opportunity to work with one of the world’s leading manufacturers of paper and pulp products as a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician. This role is a temporary-to-hire opportunity, based on employee performance and attendance. We are looking to hire a qualified individual as soon as possible, so please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Completing mechanical and some electrical preventive maintenance activities
- Troubleshooting mechanical and some electrical problems, repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gears, belts, and couplings
- Reading and interpreting mechanical and electrical schematics
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Helping to meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals through a quality maintenance program
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least two (2) years of industrial maintenance experience
- Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high-volume environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience troubleshooting bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors and electrical/mechanical equipment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working in the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience with a manual lathe and milling machine
- Experience working with 480-volt motors
- Experience with MIG, TIG, Arc welding
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.