Encadria Staffing Solutions is actively seeking a Material Handler to work with INVISTA in Wilmington, NC. This is an entry-level position which reports to the Production Planner. We operate on a Monday-Friday schedule (8 hours per day with some overtime), but applicants be able to adjust work schedules as needed to meet business needs. This could include a 12-hour rotating shift schedule in the future with advancement opportunities to either Field Operator or Utilities Operator in the Terate® Production Area.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- The Material Handler is responsible for the safe and compliant operation of train movement and receiving functions for the site, including:
- The safe operation of rail moving equipment, railcars, and other job related equipment anywhere on site (including tenant sites serviced by INVISTA)
- Understanding and participating in safe work practices, live permit audits, and area inspections
- Preparing equipment for routine maintenance work
- Reporting spills, releases, and all other environmental observations to supervision, then documenting actions taken
- Completing all EH&S training requirements
- Unloading designated raw materials (such as diethylene glycol) by following Standard Operating Procedures
- Safely operating plant vehicle(s) to deliver packages on site
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensuring proper understanding and execution of work processes, fully engaging in the process, and following it as the only method to complete work
- Reading and properly applying procedures to perform quality checks/inspections as outlined; Taking corrective actions per Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicating closely with supervision and other Material Handlers to ensure railcars are received and shipped on time
- Inputting data into SAP and conducting transactions flawlessly to ensure shipping and receiving documentation remains accurate
- Promoting a team environment; Effectively communicating with various support resources in a productive manner
- Troubleshooting problems and maintaining material handling processes within the specified parameters with minimal supervision
- Working both in indoor and outdoor environments; Some work areas are open to the elements (wind, rain, extremely cold and hot temperatures)
- Wearing required personal protective equipment including flame retardant clothing, hard hat, safety glasses, safety boots and hearing protection as needed
- Demonstrating a willingness to expand knowledge and skills; Cross-training, pursuing certifications in different operating areas throughout the facility
- Issuing safe work permits per EHS certification level(s)
- Maintaining proper housekeeping standards in the warehouse, receiving area, locomotive area, and while operating plant vehicles by ensuring proper storage in all work areas (safe, clean, leak-free, hazard-free and secure)
- Proactively searching for ways to improve plant performance in rail moves and receiving departments
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of two (2) years’ previous manufacturing/industrial experience
- Previous forklift operation experience
- Basic skill levels in Microsoft Word (documentation creation), Excel (creating workbooks), and PowerPoint (creating presentation slides)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Previous experience troubleshooting and applying mechanical skills in a manufacturing plant
- Forklift certification and/or track mobile license
- Chemical material handling experience
- Previous experience moving and spotting railcars
- SAP experience
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, an offer of employment might be conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.