Wilmington, NC 28401
Encadria Staffing Solutions is actively seeking a Material Handler to work with INVISTA in Wilmington, NC. This is an entry-level position which reports to the Production Planner. We operate on a Monday-Friday schedule (8 hours per day with some overtime), but applicants be able to adjust work schedules as needed to meet business needs. This could include a 12-hour rotating shift schedule in the future with advancement opportunities to either Field Operator or Utilities Operator in the Terate® Production Area.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- The Material Handler is responsible for the safe and compliant operation of train movement and receiving functions for the site, including:
- The safe operation of rail moving equipment, railcars, and other job related equipment anywhere on site (including tenant sites serviced by INVISTA)
- Understanding and participating in safe work practices, live permit audits, and area inspections
- Preparing equipment for routine maintenance work
- Reporting spills, releases, and all other environmental observations to supervision, then documenting actions taken
- Completing all EH&S training requirements
- Unloading designated raw materials (such as diethylene glycol) by following Standard Operating Procedures
- Safely operating plant vehicle(s) to deliver packages on site
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensuring proper understanding and execution of work processes, fully engaging in the process, and following it as the only method to complete work
- Reading and properly applying procedures to perform quality checks/inspections as outlined; Taking corrective actions per Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicating closely with supervision and other Material Handlers to ensure railcars are received and shipped on time
- Inputting data into SAP and conducting transactions flawlessly to ensure shipping and receiving documentation remains accurate
- Promoting a team environment; Effectively communicating with various support resources in a productive manner
- Troubleshooting problems and maintaining material handling processes within the specified parameters with minimal supervision
- Working both in indoor and outdoor environments; Some work areas are open to the elements (wind, rain, extremely cold and hot temperatures)
- Wearing required personal protective equipment including flame retardant clothing, hard hat, safety glasses, safety boots and hearing protection as needed
- Demonstrating a willingness to expand knowledge and skills; Cross-training, pursuing certifications in different operating areas throughout the facility
- Issuing safe work permits per EHS certification level(s)
- Maintaining proper housekeeping standards in the warehouse, receiving area, locomotive area, and while operating plant vehicles by ensuring proper storage in all work areas (safe, clean, leak-free, hazard-free and secure)
- Proactively searching for ways to improve plant performance in rail moves and receiving departments
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of two (2) years’ previous manufacturing/industrial experience
- Previous forklift operation experience
- Basic skill levels in Microsoft Word (documentation creation), Excel (creating workbooks), and PowerPoint (creating presentation slides)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Previous experience troubleshooting and applying mechanical skills in a manufacturing plant
- Forklift certification and/or track mobile license
- Chemical material handling experience
- Previous experience moving and spotting railcars
- SAP experience
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.