Operations Associate/Production Utility (TEMP TO HIRE)
Asheboro, NC 27205-7357
The Georgia-Pacific Asheboro, NC plant is looking to expand our team of talented individuals by hiring Operations Associates. Candidates selected for this role will have an opportunity to train with our experienced team members to learn the process of producing corrugated boxes from start to finish.
Successful trainees will have the opportunity to move into various roles within our facility! This position may be right for you if you are:
- Safety-Obsessed – GP employees are expected to place protection of health and safety and the environment first, no matter how urgent the job.
- A Team Player – Our equipment is complex and highly-technical – You can’t do it alone! Our employees collaborate every day to produce quality product, overcome challenges, and implement improvements.
- Ready to Grow – The right candidate will have a desire to learn and advance in our organization.
A Day in the Life Typically Includes:
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, reducing hazards and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators during absences and breaks
- Completing and maintaining all daily inspections and downtime reports
Here’s a link to the video of the Corrugated Box Facility at Georgia Pacific:
What do you need?
- Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Six (6) months’ work experience or more in a farming, landscaping, carpentry, construction, warehouse, military, production or manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, greasy and high volume environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
Encadria Staffing Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salary: $12 t3 $13 Per Hour
Job Type: Temp to Hire
We offer competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.