Mc Cormick, SC 29835
Have you been told that you don't have enough experience for those full-time positions you've applied to? Then choose Encadria! The majority of our assignments are temporary-to-hire and in 2018 alone, almost 1,000 of our employees transitioned from temporary to full-time jobs with our clients partners. We're the staffing agency that can help you get your foot in the door.
We are looking for dedicated employees who can commit themselves to this position and are anxious to learn and grow in their role. Candidates may be asked to change shifts once hired on based on staffing needs/availability.
As a Production Associate at our Lumber mill you will be responsible for operating small equipment and using tools (i.e. blowers, shovels, pitch forks, brooms) to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. You also will help support machine operators and learn how to operate production equipment. This is a non-climate controlled mill, meaning temperatures can be very high in the summer and cold in the winter. This entry-level position offers opportunities to advance as openings occur.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Meet or exceed safety, production, and quality goals
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Perform housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards and maintain the appearance of the plant
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs to ensure machine reliability
- Contribute to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators during absences