Process Control Engineer (Temp to Hire)
Georgia Pacific is seeking a Process Control Engineer to join our team in Pennington, AL at the Naheola Mill facility who can be an additional technical subject matter expert for Process Control systems at our facility. The desired candidate must also be passionate about mentoring and demonstrate economic thinking & problem-solving skills. This position supports both DCS and PLC systems throughout the mill and will be responsible for designing and implementing control improvements while working with others to maintain and troubleshoot the mill’s control systems. We are looking for an individual who will assist with the development of process control systems that will allow Naheola to advance its current process systems to new levels of technology to support advanced manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to promote mill and company safety culture as a value while working on improving our processes in operational, mechanical and electrical fields. If you are a someone who is a self-starter who works well under minimal supervision in a team environment, then this may be the right role for you!
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:*
Be involved in the controls and automation design, implementation, and support of hardware and software systems for mill process equipment i.e. Honeywell Experion, Honeywell TDC 3000, and Rockwell Control Logix.
- Implement, design, and configure advance process control strategies. Maintain functional design specifications for process control systems.
- Support optimization and Advanced Process Control implementation efforts for different areas of the mill.
- Support process operations by troubleshooting installed systems to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of these systems.
- Act as a project resource in installation of new instrumentation or control/automation systems.
- Partner with corporate teams to implement new technologies that support advanced manufacturing.
- Support of the mill safety program both personally and through observation.
- Work closely with mill personnel to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering.
- At least five (3-5) years of demonstrated experience in Process Control / Automation.
- DCS or PLC programming background (including HMI programming background).
- Familiarity with reviewing basic loop sheets and/or P&ID’s.
- Read, interpret and develop control documentation and schematics.
- Knowledge of standard MS office suite
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in the Pulp and Paper Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in project support - scope and estimate development, cost control, and schedule adherence.
- Alarm Management
- High Performance HMI
- Cyber Security
- Experience in Advanced Process Control
- Experience in Capital Project Management
- Experience mentoring and developing Junior Engineers
- Experience with Honeywell Experion is a plus
- Experience with Honeywell TDC 3000 is a plus
- Information Technology experience
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing drug and background screens.
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Salary: $50.00 per hour