Prosperity, SC 29127
Encadria Staffing Solutions, a Georgia Pacific company, is here to help you find your career! Since 2001, we have been helping people find temporary and temporary to hire at great companies across the U.S. We find something that works around YOUR lifestyle!
Encadria is currently recruiting for temporary to hire roles at Georgia Pacific in Prosperity, SC.
This is an amazing opportunity to start your career with GP.
We are looking for dedicated employees who can commit themselves to this position and are anxious to learn and grow in their role. Candidates may be asked to change shifts once hired on based on staffing needs/availability.
As a Production Associate at our Plywood or Lumber mill you will be responsible for operating small equipment and using tools (i.e. blowers, shovels, pitch forks, brooms) to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees. You also will help support machine operators and learn how to operate production equipment. This is a non-climate controlled mill, meaning temperatures can be very high in the summer and cold in the winter. This entry-level position offers opportunities to advance as openings occur.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Meet or exceed safety, production, and quality goals
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Perform housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards and maintain the appearance of the plant
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs to ensure machine reliability
- Contribute to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators during absences
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one (1) year of experience in a manufacturing, farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, warehouse, production or manufacturing environment; OR
- minimum of six (6) months’ of mechanical technical schooling or training; OR
- minimum of six (6) months’ of experience in a wood products manufacturing environment.
- Willing and able to pull and lift up to 50lbs routinely
- Willing to work in a hot, humid, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work any shift , holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
- Willing and able to perform tasks including lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs,
- hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
Visit us at www.encadria.com to learn more about who we are!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.