Richburg, SC 29729 US
Pay Rate: $17.00 per hour
Schedule: 2-2-3 Rotating 12 Hour Shifts, Days & Nights Required
Are you seeking your next career move where innovation and collaboration are key traits of all employees? If so, Encadria Staffing Solutions, LLC is searching for a skilled Production Associate on behalf of Guardian® Glass, a Guardian® Industries company in Richburg, SC. This position will require you to use critical thinking to effectively inspect glass and ensure exceptional quality during production.
Who is Encadria Staffing Solutions, LLC?
Encadria Staffing Solutions, LLC provides temporary and temp-to-hire work opportunities based around each individual applicant’s skills and availability. If you are interested in utilizing resources to open opportunities for yourself, and grow your skillset while expanding your professional network, you’re in the right place. Our company is owned by Georgia-Pacific LLC, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of paper and lumber products. Does working with a reputable organization with a respect for integrity and compliance intrigue you? If so, we would love to have you on the Encadria team!
Who is Guardian® Glass, a Guardian® Industries company?
Guardian Glass is one of the world’s largest glass manufacturers, serving 160 countries and five continents. We work with clients at all geographies to explore new design trends, protect the environment and build structures that enhance people’s lives. To learn more, visit our website at: https://www.guardianglass.com/us/en/about
A Day In The Life Typically Includes…
Visually inspecting glass, making a determination as to whether it is within MGP (Marsco Glass Products) workmanship standards to continue through the process, then carefully hanging glass on tongs and/or placing spares in storage rack. Wearing personal protective equipment, as defined in the work instruction for this job, is mandatory. This position may require working in small and/or confined workspaces consistently. If this is not a work environment you would be comfortable working in, we completely understand!
- Operate various glass manufacturing pieces of equipment in a safe manner, while meeting production goals.
- Operate, monitor, maintain and troubleshoot the production line
- Understand and follow plant safety rules, and work safely at all times
- Perform manual labor
- Operate a forklift and crane
- Operate handheld power tools
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with Company standards
- Ensure quality product is sent to customers by completing quality checks
- Maintain reliable attendance
Minimum Qualifications: What You Will Need?
- High school diploma or GED completed
- Three (3) months’ experience or more in related work environment with appropriate safety training and labor-based work history
- Ability to read, write, and understand English language (to understand work instructions and to provide additional information during production)
- Basic math skills (i.e., ability to do simple counting operations)
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to oral and/or written instructions provided by the Production Supervisor
- Ability to lift and carry 60 lbs. or more on regular basis
- Ability to work in small or confined workspaces
- Ability to climb, push/pull 60 lbs. or more at a time, and move distances within or between manufacturing equipment and machinery
- Ability to work 10-hour shifts with overtime as assigned
- Ability to work in an enclosed environment with loud noise, moving objects, fumes/odors, dust and debris, and hazardous materials
Preferred Qualifications: What Will Put You Ahead?
- One (1) year or more of w